Hello guys! For the first year in many, I can say with confidence (and amazement) that I am ahead of the Christmas game. My shopping is done, gifts (mostly) wrapped and under the tree. If I didn’t have my work to keep me busy, the wait would be excruciating about now! Waiting to give a gift to someone I know/hope they will love, is likely the most difficult part. (:
I’ve come up with this short list of some entertaining/productive/not really distractions that could be useful to keep one’s mind off of the fact that the week leading up to Christmas is the longest of the year!
- Bake holiday cookies.
- Check out The OA on Netflix. If you liked Stranger Things, this one is for you!
- Slightly obvious but wrap those gifts!
- For those of you into paper planning, order those new Filofax inserts, 2017 is nearly here!
- Speaking of, now is a great time to test-run some New Year’s resolutions (i.e. try out that four-hour-a-day exercise routine or vegan-antigluten-raw-paleo-sugarless diet before announcing on Facebook that this is what you vow to do for the next twelve months).
- Read Holiday stories to children.
- Get a head start on the massive housecleaning endeavor before the relatives show up.
- Practice your surprised yet thankful expression if you are crap at receiving gifts. Note: this poor reaction actually has little to do with whether or not the person actually likes the gift, but is more of an aversion to being in the spotlight.
- Discover the magic of Snapchat filters + your pets! Trust me, it’s magical!
- Bake more cookies, because obviously you’ve already eaten the first batch–they wouldn’t be good for four days. It was the decent thing to do.
- If you live with small children, get some extra winks while you still can. Between putting together toys late into the night and your 5:00 am wakeup call (which may include said small children jumping on your bed/you) you’ll need all the sleep you can get!
See you again tomorrow when we will be One Day Closer! Tis twenty years ’till then.