Hi guys and happy Friday! I’ve just posted my first impressions of the December Glossybox and was a little hesitant to do another beauty subscription unboxing so soon. Then I started looking at these photos I snapped when the Ipsy box arrived the other day, and realized that an Ipsy unboxing could be useful for the sake of comparison.
I don’t think Ipsy has been around quite as long as Glossybox, but they are a well established beauty product subscription service. While I’ve been a Glossybox subscriber for years, I’ve only just started with Ipsy about 3 months ago. To be honest, in those 3 months, I’ve been using the products received from Ipsy much more than those from Glossybox.
A couple preliminary differences between the two before I get into the unboxing: Ipsy (always?) includes a small cosmetic bag, as opposed to Glossybox’s, well, box. I’ve found these to be quite useful for handbag organization. Plus, less packaging diminishes the environmental impact. (: Ipsy costs $10 per month, as opposed to Glossybox’s $21. While both services offer around 5 products per box, I believe those in Glossybox generally have a higher retail value (but like I’ve mentioned, I’ve been getting more use out of the Ipsy products).
Now on to the unboxing. I’ll be listing the products from favorite to least, just like in the Glossybox unboxing.
- Hikari Iris Liquid Eyeliner: To be fair, I’ve received lots of liquid eyeliners from Glossybox throughout the years, but lately I’ve been using them much more often. I like this one, because it has a longer tip than some of the others I’ve tried and should be better for attaining that elusive perfect flick!
- Jersey Shore Cosmetics, peppermint Moisture Rich Hydrating Balm: This lip balm combines intense peppermint with lasting hydration. It’s another product that will be getting a lot of use this winter (until I lose it, that is).
- Smashbox Insta-Mate Lipstick Transformer: I’m really interested to see how this one will work out. You apply it over lipstick and it gives it a matte look. My favorite quality of matte lipsticks is their staying power. If it keeps my cream lip colors from coming off on drinking glasses, I’ll be sold!
- Royal & Langnickel Angle Shader brush (pictured above with lip balm): I’ve said it before–you can never have too many eyeshadow brushes! This fluffy, angled brush will be great for blending!
- NYX Prismatic Shadow in PS09 Fireball: Honestly, this one is only last because the other products set the bar high this month! While I’ve never tried NYX eyeshadow before, I’m excited to test this coppery-red one! The only down side to this is that it’s a single eyeshadow. I almost always stick with palettes. Mostly because I use more than one color on my eyes, and when using a palette, they are all right in front of me.
In my opinion, Ipsy is the winner this December. Not only are they less expensive (by more than half) but their products, while less flashy, are some I could see myself using more often.
That’s it for Blogmas Day 16! See you tomorrow!