Good morning and welcome to the weekend! I recently learned of this really simple blender recipe for chocolate mousse. While I’ve been dying to try it, I couldn’t help but make a few adjustments and sneak in an extra serving of greens. The result was this delicious and guilt-free breakfast smoothie bowl.
To make this, you’ll need a high-powered blender (I used the Nutribullet Rx) and the following ingredients:
- 1 avocado;
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk or 1 1/4 cup of almond milk and 1 shot of espresso;
- 2 1/2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder;
- 1 tablespoon almond butter and/or small handful of raw almonds (I used both);
- Small handful of blackberries;
- Large handful of swiss chard leaves and stalks;
- 1 sliced frozen banana or 3/4-1 cup of crushed ice; and
- maple syrup to taste, I think I used about 2 tablespoons and it was moderately sweet.
Blend until you have a smooth consistency throughout. You can serve this immediately, or refrigerate. I used the small smoothie pitcher/container attachment for the Nuribullet Rx, and had enough for about 4 servings.
I wish I had more raspberries, but we literally only had one left! Pretty sure that was the work of the six-year-old. (: Other toppings I used were: dried tart cherries, coconut flakes, raw almonds, chia seeds, and flax seeds. Be creative! I generally use whatever I have at hand at the moment.
Let me know if you’ve tried it. I’d love to hear your variations!